- Five years’ technical experience as a heavy-duty vehicle mechanic, including, but not limited to airbrakes, air conditioning, diesel engines, programmable logic control equipment, heavy duty automatic transmissions, and advanced technologies in heavy duty vehicles.
- Five years’ experience in the field with a demonstrated ability to instruct others, or a combination of training and experience in equipment maintenance that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- A valid Washington State driver’s license is required. Must have a permit for a Washington Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with passenger endorsement and airbrake restriction lifted by date of hire and the ability to obtain CDL Class B within 6 months from date of hire.
- Knowledge of fleet software (i.e. Cummins, Insite, Detroit Pro-Link).
- Must possess or have the ability to acquire licenses or certifications specifically related to assigned areas of technical instruction, such as e-learning certification, forklift training, crane certification training, etc.
- Must be capable of demonstrating skill in:
- Writing clear, concise and accurate correspondence and reports containing written and numeric expression.
- Working independently.
- Determining methodology to obtain goals.
- Must be able to work varied hours.
SAMPLES OF WORK PRODUCT
A sample of a recent work product will be required of every applicant passing minimum qualification screening. If you pass screening, you will be notified via email and given instructions to submit a professional example of curriculumn that you developed. If you do not submit a sample, your application will be considered incomplete.
- Associate’s degree in diesel technology, training, education, safety or related field.
- Transit and bus systems experience.
- E-learning certificate.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Qualification to enter this position requires KNOWLEDGE of the following:
- Knowledge of safety systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern electronic systems.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programs.
Qualification to enter this position requires SKILL in:
- Skill in curriculum development.
- Skill in measuring the effectiveness of a training program.
- Skill in adult-education.
- Skill in operating personal computers.
- Skill in operating diagnostic software.
- Demonstrated computer skills in utilizing word processing software, Microsoft Windows and email.
- Skill in effective verbal communication in one-on-one and group settings.
- Skill in troubleshooting problems in a shop environment.
PROFICIENT PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS for KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of modern adult education programs.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations regarding industrial safety (O.S.H.A., W.I.S.H.A. and D.O.T.).
- Knowledge of agency equipment, such as but not limited to buses, facilities and vanpool vehicles, and forklifts.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations regarding motor vehicles and public transportation.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Demonstrated skill in designing and implementing training programs and related lesson plans.
- Demonstrated skill in monitoring training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded and prepares budget report to justify expenditures.
- Demonstrated skill examining written materials, such as repair procedures, and developing hands on skills.
- Demonstrated skill conducting classes of instruction and evaluate students.
- Demonstrated skill of effectively managing multiple projects and tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated skill of working effectively with employees at all levels of the Corporation, outside agencies and the general public and obtaining cooperation in a complex organization.
Please submit a complete application, including resume with at least 10 years of work history. Applicants identified as having passed minimum qualification screening will then be asked to submit sampes of their work product. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and carrying may be required as assigned.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Work may be performed in an office, classroom, outdoors or in shop environment with exposure to noise, grease, dirt and fumes. Work may require the instructor to wear respirator or other protective equipment.
This position is safety-sensitive and is subject to both Federal- and Community Transit-authority drug and alcohol testing.