- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative/executive support experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job will be considered in rare circumstances.
- Certification as a Municipal Clerk.
- Experience working with elected officials/governing boards and/or working as a paralegal.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR: KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
Required Knowledge of:
- Knowledge of Board Administration operating procedures and pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations, related policies and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of English (verbal and written) usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
Required Skill in:
- Skilled in utilizing MicroSoft Office Suite for compiling and preparing spreadsheets, presentations and reports and in complex scheduling.
- Skilled in maintaining confidential information.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
- Skilled in exercising good judgment, to discern when to take problems to a higher authority for resolution or guidance.
- Skilled in customer service.
- Skilled in interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
- Skilled in determining priorities when faced with constant changes, to make and keep commitments.
- Skilled in administrative and analytical work associated with performing a full range of duties supporting executive level leadership.
- Skilled in researching complex issues and developing relevant responses supported by established policies and precedents.
- Skilled in the preparation and analysis of complex data and comprehensive reports.
- Skilled at maintaining confidentiality and communicating with tact and diplomacy.
- Skilled in effective oral and written communication.
- Skilled in performing administrative duties independent of direct supervision and working effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines, and adjusting to changing priorities.
- Skilled in complex scheduling.
PROFICIENT PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS for KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Skilled in providing information and organizing material in compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Skilled in applying project management techniques and principles.
Only complete online applications, with supplemental questions, resume and a cover letter describing how your qualifications fit the Executive Board Administrator position will be accepted. Applications received before 11:59 p.m. on September 4, 2017 will receive first consideration.