- Five years progressively increasing experience in a direct, customer-focused, call center or retail management role. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for 2 years of progressively increasing experience.
- Four years of experience in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Four years of experience leading work groups or teams.
- Three years of experience in reconciling sales.
- One year of experience using social media in a professional setting.
- Current Washington Driver’s license
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Experience in a union environment.
- Experience in transit operations.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Principles and processes for providing an exceptional customer experience including: customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Supervisory techniques with a customer focus.
- Modern administrative office functions, operations, practices, procedures and equipment at an executive level.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits.
- Techniques for working with culturally and economically diverse customers.
- Problem analysis, decision making, follow up and continuous improvement.
- Basic accounting practices, mathematics, internal controls, cash reconciliation, cash receipts sales and banking.
- Customer service management systems, sales techniques, and inventory control.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Experience in leading teams, whether directly or indirectly, to deliver consistent results.
- Creation and maintenance of a customer-first environment.
- Providing excellent written and verbal communications to our customers and staff.
- Interpersonal relations as relates to coworkers, managers, the general public, elected officials, business/community leaders, etc.
- Actively seeks to solve problems both internally and for our customers.
- Supervisory techniques within small and larger work groups.
- Remaining calm and focused during high stress situations.
- Flexibility and the ability to do several things simultaneously.
- Gathering, compiling, and analyzing research data and providing the results in a well-reasoned and data-driven report.
- Listening carefully to others, taking time to seek understanding of complex issues and provide timely insights to a diverse groups of customers and employees.
- Routing and scheduling staff efficiently and effectively.
- Analyzing current market trends, ensuring each market is receiving relevant information and products.
- Managing a budget.
- Operation of modern office equipment, including MS Office suite, computer/keyboarding skills
- Working varied hours; as needed, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate dependability (e.g. report consistently, and on time, for work, appointments, and meetings).
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- ORCA fare collection system both from the customer's point-of-view and the back office.
- Principles of policy and labor contract administration.
- Public purchasing principles and practices.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VI laws and requirements.
- Creation, deployment and data collection of customer surveys.
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Organizing, developing and implementing work plans, projects and procedures.
- Operating and troubleshooting office equipment, point-of-sales, telephony, database and inventory control software and technology.
- Labor relations and contract negotiation and administration.
Walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbent regularly travels locally in the job and may occasionally travel outside the state.
Application and Selection Process:
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for an interview as well as a variety of tests to demonstrate knowledge, and skills for the position. The evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, reference checks and various performance tests. On-line Applications Only - Apply at https://careers-commtrans.icims.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is a Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants national origin, sex protected veteran status or disability.