Journey Rate $32.34
The Facilities Maintenance Technician II, under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Manager or designee, will recognize, diagnose and resolve transit building related systems and equipment malfunctions, perform preventive maintenance and repair either in the field or at the Operation bases, while safely performing skilled and unskilled labor in a variety of disciplines.
The position works independently, with peers and other professions to accomplish a variety of projects, tasks and assignments associated with moderate to difficult facility maintenance and repairs. Including but not limited to proactive and preventative maintenance on commercial transit building related systems and equipment such as HVAC systems electrical circuits, emergency generators with ATS systems, compressed air, fire protection, fueling systems, park and ride facilities and properties, bus wash systems and remodeling.
When needed, the Facilities Technician II, will provide guidance and support to other team members.
1. Works safely and independently to perform a wide variety of skilled and unskilled duties related to troubleshooting, repair, maintenance of commercial transit buildings, park and rides, bus stops and related equipment in all areas of the divisions responsibilities. Including:
2. Maintains an elevated level of professional communications, appearance, conduct, and customer service with other department staff, external customers, vendors and subcontractors. Collaborates with co-workers, managers and other departments to solve work-related problems cooperatively and professionally. Follows division Manager or designee's directives, as well as procedures and policies.
3. Efficiently prioritizes work tasks and assignments.
4. Maintains the preventive maintenance schedules as recommended by department procedures and/or equipment manufacturers specifications.
5. Prepares and maintains written and electronic documentation efficiently and effectively, including proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office software and CMMS system).
6. Provides guidance and training for other Facilities Maintenance employees when necessary.
7. Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Mnager or designee.
Preferred Specialized Qualifications:
Must havecertification in one (1) of the the following and have knowledge and experience in at least three (3). Must be willing and able to maintain and certification. Note: the experience in the specialized funtional areas may be gained concurrently.
Knowledge and Experience of:
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, in varying weather conditions. Employees risk physical hazards from power tools, energized equipment and circuits, dust, chemical compounds and height. Must be able to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials in excess of 75 lbs. Must be physically able to climb a ladder, work at heights in excess of 30 feet, lift and move furniture, and work in confined space. Must be available for overtime and respond to emergencies as needed. Must be able to wear the necessary PPE.
Physical Requirements: Medium - Heavy Work: Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions, carrying and driving.
Selection Process - Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for an interview as well as a variety of tests to demonstrate knowledge and skills for the position. The evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, reference checks and various performance tests.
Application Process - Only on-line applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm October 19, 2018 and must include a completed application with job history listed and supplemental questions. Apply at https://careers-commtrans.icims.com. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.