- Bachelor's degree in business administration, procurement, purchasing, public administration, economics or other related field.
- PMP certification may substitute for 2 years of education.
- Two years' progressively responsible experience in public procurement.
- One years' experience in facilitating teams, working with committees, interacting with management and staff.
- Proficient work experience with MS Office Suite and use of the Internet.
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the essential duties of this job may be considered.
Experience with PeopleSoft Financials.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Public procurement principles, planning techniques, risk assessments and best practices, as well as general finance and business ethics, policy and practices.
- Contract management and contract administration.
- Local and WA State procurement regulations.
- SBE/DBE policy, program and compliance.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to a level of Subject Matter Expert on Enterprise Financial System (PeopleSoft).
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Working independently and applying entrepreneurship with broad direction and mentoring.
- Tactful communication, interpersonal relations, and interactions with management, staff, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information that may be within an environment of controversial or sensitive issues.
- Applying critical thinking to problems and issues; to take the initiative and make good business decisions backed by thoughtful analysis and facts; provide sound advice to management and staff.
- Conducting procurements and deploying agency-wide SBE/DBE program elements.
- Promote collaborative and harmonious working relationships within the agency and externally.
- Developing outreach activities and technical training opportunities to SBE/DBE.
- Providing outreach regarding contracting opportunities to SBE/DBEs and community organizations.
- Researching and evaluating products for best value to include cost, quality, and availability.
- Creating detailed and accurate procurement-related budget estimates, draft legal documents, and analyses.
- Determining and meeting the needs of internal customers and providing excellent customer service.
- Using software, computer databases, spreadsheets, and word processing in support of procurements and projects.
- Provides Enterprise Financial System (PeopleSoft) processing and support on an as-needed basis.
- Developing and advising management and staff regarding the agency-wide procurement and SBE/DBE policies and programs.
- Analytical skills for reviewing procedures and processes to develop logical and sustainable solutions and process improvement proposals.
- Technical writing as applied to creating specifications, contract documents, briefings, and reports.
- Making recommendations in a concise, logical, and clearly understandable manner.
- Basic project management (concept to completion), maintaining records, and facilitating meetings.
- Developing skills in negotiations.
- Basic skill in public speaking.
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly. This position may also occasionally to frequently be rated Light Work (up to 20 pounds of force).
Application and Selection Process:
On-line applications only. Must include completed supplemental questions to be considered.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for an interview . The evaluation process may include interviews, testing, background checks and reference checks.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants national origin, sex protected veteran status or disability.