- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, communications, business administration, or a field or discipline related to the assigned area.
- Five years developing successful strategic plans with measurable results
- Three years of experience in supervision managing direct reports.
- Three years of increasingly responsible community relations and outreach experience.
- Three years of marketing project management experience
- Three years or the equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully preform the essential duties.
- Three year of experience of exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining master project and program plans, marketing and communications plans, managing to a budget and schedule, and tracking and mitigating risks.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and extended hours as required.
- Valid driver's license.
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Professional and/or technical expert knowledge of business/industry principles and practices for the area of responsibility.
- Marketing and outreach principles, practices and techniques.
- Budget, operations, services and activities of a marketing program.
- Planning and coordinating special events.
- Principles and techniques for the preparation and presentation of written and oral information, including public speaking.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Methods and techniques of data collection, research and report preparation.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and records management
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in the following:
- Developing marketing, communication and outreach strategies, materials and campaigns.
- Experience facilitating group dynamics.
- Supervisory principles and practices.
- Monitoring and evaluating staff.
- Project management, goal-setting, organization and time management.
- Developing and administrating budgets.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Applying project management principles, including scope, budget and schedule.
- Applying principles and practices of community and business outreach.
- Applying strong interpersonal techniques and demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with teams/employees, supervisors, managers and Board members.
- Communication and interpersonal relations as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Research and analysis in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation internal and external clients.
- Applying appropriate oral and written communications techniques to various individuals ranging from agency employees, the general public, elected officials, community leaders, and local, state, and federal agencies.
- Public speaking and presentations.
- Meeting deadlines, working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities.
- Effectively represent Agency programs in contacts with the public, business community organizations, and other government agencies.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions, carrying and driving.
Incumbents may be subjected to travel.
Selection Process - Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for an interview as well as a variety of tests to demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities for the position. The evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, references and various performance tests.
Application Process - Only on-line applications will be accepted and must include a completed application with job history and supplemental questions. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Hiring range for this position is $87,537 - $96,290 with a position maximum $122,550.