- One (1) year recent experience operating, troubleshooting and supporting physical and virtual server and storage systems and converged networks in an enterprise environment, including managing operating systems, enterprise mail and database servers, backups, system/file restores, patching, clustering, raided storage area networks, routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, and wireless networks.
- One (1) year recent experience with various standard IT service management functions such as incident and change management.
- One (1) year recent experience managing assigned work through an enterprise ticketing system.
- Technical experience and proficiency with a Windows-based server environment, system performance monitoring tools, and SQL Server installation and management.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to support critical systems as required.
- Must possess a valid WA State Driver’s license at time of hire.
- Hands on experience operating, troubleshooting and supporting network, server and storage infrastructure in a public cloud environment.
- Professional network or systems certifications such as CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+.
- Understanding of cabling best practices and equipment room design.
- Knowledge and experience with the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Solid understanding of network, server and storage infrastructure, hardware, security and data transport protocols
- Microsoft products and technologies (e.g., AD, DNS, DHCP, Exchange)
- Virtualization technologies
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Supporting a variety of network, server, and storage infrastructure
- Ability to create, read and edit system basic diagrams and documentation
- Ability to think through technical issues and visualize solutions both independently and in a team environment
- Skills in researching solutions to existing technical issues using all available sources including co-workers, documentation, vendors, and the Internet
- A strong attention to detail and customer service
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Understanding of the IT Department’s existing service management processes such as incident management and change management
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Ability to effectively use agency system monitoring tools
- Ability to effectively use agency ticketing system
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Repetitive Motions: Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, carrying.
First Consideration date February 18
Application and Selection Process
On-line applications only at www.communitytransit.org. Please attach a resume and cover letter for consideration. The evaluation process may include interviews, review of sample materials you have authored, background checks, reference checks and various performance tests. If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.