- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing, Communications, or Business discipline, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience supervising others.
- 3+ years of experience in field marketing, sales or business development role.
- A combination of education and experience would be sufficient to meet the requirements of the job.
- Experience with developing integrated multi-touch field marketing and/or business development programs, including lead generation.
- Experience with targeting, segmentation and list acquisition to build prospect lists for lead generation campaigns.
- Understanding of the psychology of behavior change and effective strategies to influence and foster behavior change.
- Experience in transit industry and/or knowledge of Transportation Demand Management strategies.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Business development process, including how to identify opportunities and generate demand for our services.
- Current field marketing and business development strategies and techniques.
- Marketing principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Supervisory principles and practices and team dynamics.
- Best practices for managing outside contractors and vendors.
- Principles and techniques for the preparation and presentation of written and oral information, including public speaking.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Methods and techniques of data collection, research, and report preparation.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Communication and interpersonal relations as applied in interactions with peers, subordinates, teams/employees, supervisor, the general public, Board members and others
- Preparing presentations, public speaking and presenting information to small and large groups, employee groups, management, the Board, elected officials and the community.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating field marketing and business development goals and strategies.
- Monitoring and evaluating staff
- Prioritizing goals, programs and projects
- Effective time management
- Developing and administering budgets
- Developing and maintaining communication with jurisdictional partners and professional communication networks
- Engaging clients through multiple channels
- Strong business and systems thinking with an ability to analyze and synthesize data in order to provide solutions to get business results.
- Leading in a cross-cultural setting and working in an environment of constant change.
Application and Selection Process
On-line applications only at www.communitytransit.org. Please attach a resume and cover letter for consideration. The evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, reference checks and various performance tests.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.