- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in a marketing, advertising, writing, public relations, journalism, English or a communication discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience required; experience in an agency and/or in-house corporate environment preferred.
- 2+ years of professional marketing experience required; content marketing and social media experience preferred.
- Experience writing both short- and long-form copy for multiple platforms, including print/traditional, web/digital and social, required.
- Experience administering well-orchestrated content campaigns to drive results around marketing initiatives preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing a business social media presence preferred.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what content will engage audiences required.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, while working independently and as part of a team required.
OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
Entry Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- The craft of writing and storytelling across a variety of print and digital mediums, ideally applied to corporate branding and marketing.
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, punctuation, and grammar.
- Marketing principles, practices, strategies, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation.
- Knowledge of SEO practices, strategies, tools, and trends.
- Knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, and graphics.
- Problem analysis, decision making, follow up and continuous improvement.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and records management.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to own and drive a project schedule from start to finish.
- Ability to analyze and report on content performance; adept at testing tools and methodologies, with a bias for data-driven content optimization strategies.
- Ability to use Content Management Systems (CMS) to publish content to the web.
- Ability to use native apps and social media tools to publish content on social channels.
- Effective time management; managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify possible solutions.
- Facilitating diverse groups of stakeholders; developing and attaining consensus.
- Create and deliver dynamic presentations through excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Computer operation and software utilization (MS Office) in support of programs and projects.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with teams/employees, supervisors, managers, Board members, and the general public.Communication and interpersonal relations as applied in interactions with peers, subordinates, teams/employees, supervisor, the general public, Board members and others.
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Community Transit’s products, services, and programs.
- Public Agency policies and procedures.
- Transit industry and technology.
Application and Selection Process
On-line applications only. Please attach a resume and cover letter for consideration. The evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, reference checks and various performance tests.
First consideration given to applicants who apply by Saturday, August 24th, 2019.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.