- Associate's degree (AS or AA) in technology or equivalent experience.
- Two years minimum experience in an IT support environment, with hands on Service Desk experience.
- Ability to drive a CT company vehicle; must possess a valid WA State Driver’s license at time of hire.
OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Knowledge of transportation industry.
- ITIL certification, or equivalent professional experience with incident and service management best practices.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR: KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Current Windows-based desktop operating systems and office productivity software solutions.
- Modern internet browsers (including Chrome, Firefox, and Edge) and their functional differences.
- Network configuration (including client, hardware interface, and networking protocols).
- Technology equipment and maintenance methodologies and best practices for all end user equipment including desktop computers, laptops, peripherals, network printers/copiers, and mobile devices.
- Modern Service Desk operations practices and techniques.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
IT Service Operations
- End-to-end management of IT Service Requests and Incidents including knowledge tools as applied to Service Desk operations.
- Advanced troubleshooting to resolve desktop, workstation, mobile device, third party utilities and peripheral hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts and other system access in Active Directory and various Microsoft 365 and SaaS solutions.
- IT Service Management software use and operations.
- Creating and maintaining high quality technical and end user documentation and contributing to agency knowledge base.
- Providing an excellent customer service experience, including ability to troubleshoot and explain complex issues and deliver resolutions to non-technical individuals over the phone, email, or in person.
- End user device deployment and ongoing maintenance including software distribution and security updates/patch installation.
- Adherence to established software licensing practices.
Organizational influence and leadership
- Providing high quality customer service.
- Gaining the support of others through persuasiveness, credibility and expertise. Inspiring others to collaborate voluntarily.
- Communicating effectively within interdisciplinary teams; including sharing accurate and pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Consistently building and maintaining positive working relationships internally and externally, even in times of stress and conflict.
- Participating in, facilitating, and supporting conflict resolution; exchanging feedback in an open, constructive, and professional manner.
- Collaboratively make decisions, establish and meet timelines and deliver results that meet customer needs.
- Improving work processes and efficiency.
Problem-solving and strategic judgment
- Organizing and prioritizing work despite tight deadlines, multiple customers, and competing priorities; monitoring and reporting progress towards goals.
- Exhibiting situational awareness and strategic judgment. Recognizing when sources of information and/or partners should be consulted and when to apply past experiences.
- Using intelligence, logical thinking, common sense, hard work and tenacity to solve difficult and complex challenges.
- Identifying opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.
- Ability to lift / carry up to 50lb on occasion
- Ability to use hands/tools for PC related hardware repair and/or replacement
- Climbing ladders or crawling under desks may be necessary for occasional tasks
- Frequent standing, sitting, or walking as tasks demand
- Travel may be required to company facilities around Metro and United States, <10%
- Some after hours and weekend work may be necessary, per project and support schedules.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, carrying.
Application and Selection Process:
On-line applications only.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for an interview as well as a variety of tests to demonstrate knowledge, and skills for the position. The evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, reference checks and various performance tests. Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled.
First consideration February 28th 11:59PM
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Employee Engagement Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
"Travel made easy for all"