- Minimum of four years general in-direct supervisory or management experience within a union environment OR three years general supervisory and management experience directly supervising union employees.
- Two years transportation/transit industry experience.
- Demonstrate a good driving record, documented by a five year abstract of driving record obtained from any state licensed to operate a vehicle in the last five years. Criteria include having no moving violations within the last 2 years and no more than 2 within the last 5 years. No more than 2 accidents (at fault or not at fault) within the last 5 years. No DUIs, Reckless, Negligent Driving, Hit and Run, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Vehicle Assault or Homicide or Felony convictions or revocation of license within the last 10 years. No alcohol or drug-related convictions within the last 10 years.
- Ability to obtain and hold WA Commercial driver's license (must acquire within six months of hire).
- No written discipline in the last three years, (applies to both internal and external applicants).
- Community Transit Experience
- Transit Experience
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Principles of supervision.
- Management practices, performance management (coaching, counseling, staff development, performance improvement planning, discipline.)
- Principles of workplace investigation, interviewing witnesses, documentation.
- Problem analysis and decision-making.
- Conflict resolution, mediation or facilitation.
- Union contract administration.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Verbal and written communication skills at the level of proficiency normally demonstrated by those possessing an undergraduate degree.
- Customer service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Is committed to continuous improvement. Demonstrates a commitment to serve the public.
- Windows and Microsoft Office products or equivalent email, word processing and spreadsheet applications. Is able to produce professional-level reports.
- Persuasion and working through influence.
- Team leading and team participation.
- Recognizing problems and developing effective solutions.
- Time management practices.
- Monitoring/assessing performance of others to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Anticipating and taking steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations. Managing and resolving conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Treating others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considering and responding appropriately. Fostering and inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. Inspiring and fostering team commitment, pride and trust.
- Facilitating cooperation and motivating team members to accomplish group goals.
- Deal effectively and tactfully with agency officials, employees and the public.
- Maintain composure and effectively lead during stressful situations.
- See and assess future implications of present actions.
- Assign work to staff effectively, using their strengths to the best advantage.
- Motivate staff, behave positively and assess readiness of staff to take on additional duties.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Analyze the work being done to recommend changes to improve safety, efficiency or effectiveness of service operations.
- Learn and use technology.
- Hold self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost-effective results. Determines objectives and sets priorities. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established policies and procedures.
- Make well informed, effective and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Behave in an honest, fair and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics.
- Work on-call and weekends, as needed.
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Project management techniques and practices.
- Transit operations principles and practices.
- Existing policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc.
- Community Transit system, including all routes and bid process.
- Trapeze and APTS systems.
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint or equivalent) software.
- Understanding, interpreting and applying contracts, laws and regulations (such as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules).
- Compiling and analyzing data. Preparing narrative and statistical reports.
- Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted an accommodation as a condition of employment.
- Apply on line; only complete on-line applications with job history listed, resume and cover letter will be considered.
- Applicants must include a resume and cover letter with their application.
- Applicants who meet minimum requirements may be scheduled for tests and interviews to demonstrate knowledge, skills for the position.
If you have a family member or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected. Community Transit provides a tobacco-free & drug-free work environment.
As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability