This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing please apply at
Under general supervision, the Business Analyst is responsible for collecting, organizing and maintaining datasets; conducting research, audits and studies, perform analysis of department programs, operations, practices and policies; provides advice and consultation on findings to management. Position coordinates, monitors, supports and delivers on department business plan and budget.
1. Leads efforts to collect, organize, and maintain data sets using best practices, including but not limited to designing data tables, applying data validation, and implementing procedures to support data needs. Assesses data for accuracy, anomalies and completeness. Utilizes business analysis knowledge and tools to create visual analytics, chart trends, and monitor performance. Prepares statistical analysis reports, conducts research and studies; gathers, analyzes and interprets information; calculates, estimates and forecasts information; summarizes findings and conclusion.
2. Conducts research and studies; identifies and tracks trends; gathers, analyzes and interprets data; calculates, estimates and forecasts information; summarizes findings and conclusions. Reviews and audits existing operations and practices. Uses data and analysis to make recommendations to management.
3. Develops and maintains project/program documentation and communication plans ensuring regular and thorough communication and proper record keeping on all aspects of the project/program. Identifies and resolves communication or documentation issues.
4. Develops scopes of work, technical requirements, implementation policies/procedures, installation, project timelines, and department resource needs. Coordinates with labor, consultants and contractors to gather information, provide direction, and resolve issues. Assists in developing and administering the department’s capital and operating budget for projects. Presents to the Board of Directors and Executive Team on projects and their status.
5. Conducts project research to determine industry standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements and recommends actions to improve project/program performance and compliance.
6. Coordinates and leads project team meetings. Discusses and resolves issues related to project requirements, schedule, budget, or documentation. Provides recommendations regarding impacts on the department and labor relations resulting from project decisions.
7. Builds and maintains an integrated project schedule. Prepares project status reports, identifies schedule performance problems, and recommends corrective courses of action. Develops and implements plans to mitigate project impacts and risks.
8. Provides administrative support to a director and/or department staff. Prepares department business plan; presents data at departmental meetings; monitors data to ensure fulfillment of the plan. Manages existing vendor contracts, oversees contractors, ensures vendor compliance and manages funds associated with those accounts. Coordinates department schedules, travel, meetings and events; acts as a liaison for the department with internal and external customers; coordinates department inventory control and records management. Prepares department budget and monitors expenditures; researches and makes recommendations on non-salary items; maintains associated documents and databases; monitors approved budget spending.
9. Develops and revises department policies and procedures; works with other staff to continually update department documents, processes and rules, as needed. Utilizes information gathered from various senior staff members and compiles into usable documentation for review. Makes recommendations as to content.
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, statistics, or system design/computer programming.
2. Five years experience in process analysis or project management.
3. Two years experience with automated systems, including testing procedures, data conversion analysis, transaction processing, report writing and troubleshooting.
4. Experience working in a union environment.
5. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above may be considered.
1. Project Management Professional Certification.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
1. Principles and practices of project management including scope development, cost estimating, scheduling, and project control.
2. Common budgetary practices.
3. Contract administration A/P and basic principles of finance.
4. Labor relations including internal labor relations processes, how to figure comparables of other labor contracts, transit industry knowledge, understanding labor contract language and risks.
5. Internal strategic planning principles and of policies and procedures currently in effect.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
1. Analyzing data and designing, organizing, and conducting short and mid-range projects.
2. Computer operation and software utilization including Windows, Word, Excel, MSProject, PowerPoint, email, and internet.
3. Communication and interpersonal relations as applied to coworkers, outside interests, customers, contractors, and outside interest sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
4. Oral, written and computer based communications.
5. Presenting to audience and conveying complex information in a format that is understandable.
6. Managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
7. Facilitating diverse groups of stakeholders and interest and developing and attaining consensus.
8. Research and techniques to analyze business processes.
9. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
10. Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
11. Stay on task, gain consensus from others, work independently in a logical, analytical and detailed orientated manner.
12. Work as a team member as well as a team leader.
13. Learn new processes quickly.
14. Ask the right questions.
16. Influence and persuade.
17. Successfully handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
18. Establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships with Community Transit personnel, outside consultants, and senior management.
19. Meet deadlines with dependability and consistency.
PROFICIENT PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
1. Community Transit’s policies and procedures.
2. Complex scheduling.
3. Transit operations knowledge and experience.
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
1. PeopleSoft Business Planning Module.
2. PeopleSoft Budget Module.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Requires travel less 25% of the time.
This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing please apply at https://www.indeed.com/job/business-analyst-c920dccbd68b1ccb
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for an interview as well as a variety of tests to demonstrate knowledge, and skills for the position. The evaluation process may include interviews, background check, reference checks and various performance tests. Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Employee Engagement Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.