Hiring range $53,333 - $58,667
Provides confidential administrative support and assistance to department staff. Composes, formats and word-processes a variety of department specific correspondence and documents. Carries out various special projects for the department; coordinates departmental schedules, travel, meetings, and events; acts as a liaison for the department with internal and external customers; tracks department budgets and is the subject matter expert for budget and business planning programs; maintains and reconciles the purchasing and travel cards, assists with department projects; administers departmental programs. Assists with other projects and duties as necessary.
1. Provides confidential administrative support and assistance to the department staff, and coordinates and schedules departmental activities including travel, meetings and other events.
2. Composes formats and word processes a variety of correspondence and documents using various software applications. These documents may include technical and analytical reports, minutes, contracts, grant applications, graphs, statistical analyses, pamphlets, memos, etc. Note taker at several confidential meetings.
3. Maintains contract files for agency divisions.
4. Carries out special projects and administers some programs for the department. Special projects and programs may include coordinating and assisting with workshops, events, and luncheons, preparing promotional materials, assembling budget workbooks, coordinating awards program, and overseeing a uniform program.
5. Acts as liaison for the department with internal and external customers. Determines relative importance of contacts, relays messages and handles the initial screening of contacts.
6. Processes procurement documents, including requisitions, purchase orders and compiles and files purchasing data.
7. Maintains departmental files for various documents and correspondence and master contract files.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
Fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, standing, seeing, sitting, repetitive motions, pulling, lifting, carrying, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking and pushing.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, 25 pounds of force seldom, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Application and Selection Process:
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. This includes maintaining any booster dose within 60 days of being eligible, as authorized by the FDA. This directive applies to all employees of Community Transit. If you want more information regarding our Vaccine Policy, please contact Employee Engagement at 425-348-2315 to speak with a representative.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position may be affected. Community Transit provides a tobacco-free & drug-free work environment.
As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability