This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing, please apply at:
Under the general guidance, the Transit Security Officers (TSO’s) in Community Transit’s Office of Physical Security Services (OPSS) provides security services twenty-four hours per day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year, for employees, contractors, customers, and visitors. Primarily working in the Security Operations Center (SOC) and on Community Transit property, vehicles, and throughout the service area. TSO’s, with the support of the Transit Police Unit (TPU), the Social Worker Program and customer service positions across the agency, help provide a safe and secure environment.
TSO’s handle complex interactions using their most important tools of interpersonal communication, verbal de-escalation, customer service, conflict resolution and incident assessment. This includes providing uniformed and undercover services in a calm, respectful, trauma informed, ethical, and diplomatic manner. TSO’s work with a diverse group of individuals and must apply an equity and culturally appropriate approach to their work.
As authorized by Community Transit, may be required to wear, carry, and utilize defensive equipment, communication equipment, audio / video recording equipment, ballistic vests, flashlight, PPE, and similar security equipment while on duty.
This is an hourly union position covered by the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) 1576 bargaining agreement.
1. High school diploma or GED certificate
2. Two years of experience responding to, de-escalating, investigating, and maintaining records of emergencies or security incidents
3. Previous security experience with the public in an urban environment, possessing excellent communication and de-escalation skills, and demonstrate a passion for customer service.
4. Valid Washington State driver’s license.
5. Ability to successfully pass comprehensive background investigation, including:
a. Ability to obtain and maintain clearance for access to the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) and Washington State Fusion Center (WSFC) within 30 days of hire.
b. Ability to obtain and maintain fingerprint clearance from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, including FBI fingerprint screening, within 30 days of hire.
c. Must not have any of the following to meet minimum qualifications of a background check.
i. Must have no felony convictions within 7 years of date or hire.
ii. 1 or more traffic crime convictions in last 5 years (DWI, Suspended, Reckless,etc).
iii. Suspension of driver's license within past 5 years.
iv. 3 or more moving violations in past 3 years.
v. 2 or more at-fault accidents in past 3 years.
vi. No illegal sale of ANY drug, including marijuana, in the past 7 years.
vii. Has a validated history of criminal physical violence or has been convicted of a crime of Domestic Violence as defined by law, in the past 7 years.
viii. Any misdemeanor or felony conviction while employed in a criminal justice and/or law enforcement capacity within the last 7 years.
6. Valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification or the ability to obtain such certification within 30 days of hire.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above may be considered.
1. Associates Degree with an emphasis in law, risk management, criminal justice, emergency management, or closely related field.
2. Five years of experience responding to, de-escalating, investigating, and maintaining records of emergencies or security incidents
3. Public transit, public agency, or regulated private industry experience.
4. Experience using Lenel OnGuard and Avigilon.
5. Experience with serving in a dispatch center, security operations center, 911 center or similar environment.
6. The ability to speak Spanish, Korean, Chinese, or Russian, is helpful but not required.
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions.
Adequate health and physical ability to participate in defensive tactics training and other required physical activity of the job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, night vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 75-100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Wearing 20 to 30 pounds of gear for entire shift.
Working Conditions: Requires that the person stand or sit, either aboard moving vehicle/bus or on fixed platforms for extended periods of time under a variety of weather conditions. Requires that the person be able to effectively use a bicycle as assigned. Requires person to occasionally run, including up and down stairs and lifting an adult in an emergency. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, in varying weather conditions, including inclement weather. Employee’s risk physical hazard from individuals attempting to harm them physically. Must be physically able to use armed and unarmed defensive tactics and equipment to stop a combative individual from harming themselves and others, and detain individuals for police, as authorized by policy.
Exposed to automotive fumes, odors, dusts, intense noise, and diverse weather conditions.
Other Employment Conditions:
· Falsified application, personal history questionnaire, or any other forms during hiring process or lied during any stage of the hiring process will be grounds for immediate termination.
· Lying, falsification of records, or abusing one’s position are grounds for immediate termination.
· Ability to comply with Community Transit Drug Policies and Non-Fraternization Policies that may be adopted by the agency from time to time.
· Ability to pass annual and for cause background investigation
· This position has a full-time variable schedule including work at night, on weekends and holidays to provide sufficient 24/7/365 coverage.
Application and Selection Process:
This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing, please apply at:
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position will be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.