- Five years progressively responsible experience in security, law enforcement or closely related field.
- Two years’ experience in one or more of the following: access control systems management, surveillance system management, emergency preparedness, contract administration/project management and security management.
- Two years of investigative work that includes detailed field note taking, interviewing, report writing, and maintaining evidence integrity to develop a comprehensive case file.
- Associates Degree with an emphasis in law, risk management, criminal justice, emergency management, business management, or closely related field will account for 1 year of experience in security, law enforcement.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to successfully pass comprehensive background investigation, including:
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance for access to the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) and Washington State Fusion Center (WSFC) within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain fingerprint clearance from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, including FBI fingerprint screening, within 30 days of hire.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above may be considered.
- Experience working with diverse populations which may include people experiencing homelessness and other forms of trauma while possessing high levels of empathy.
- Previous experience in Security Operations Center development and program oversight.
- Previous experience in security officer training and development.
- Public transit, public agency, or regulated private industry experience.
- Possession of one or more of the following certifications.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Physical Security Professional (PSP)
- Completion of FEMA or equivalent ICS 100, 200 & IS 700 and 800 courses
- Experience using Lenel OnGuard and Avigilon.
- Seven years of experience responding to, de-escalating, investigating, and maintaining records of emergencies or security incidents
- Experience in project management, including developing project plans, maintaining timelines and budgets, overseeing project details.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in law, risk management, criminal justice, emergency management, business management, or closely related field will count for 2 years of experience in security, law enforcement.
- The ability to speak Spanish, Korean, Chinese, or Russian, is helpful but not required.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Broad understanding of the characteristics, services, and activities of general security functions.
- Business/industry principles and practices for the area of responsibility.
- Security functions and programs, including security planning, security program analysis, threat, and vulnerability assessments (TVA), and resource management.
- Access Control Systems and Video Surveillance Systems (CCTV)
- General understanding of Alarm Systems (intrusion and duress), Barrier Systems (Fencing, Pedestrian, and Vehicle), and Communication Systems (Emergency Assist Stations and Mass Notification).
- Developing and writing tasks, procedures, and policies.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment, including computers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Project planning, coordinating, and scheduling.
- Supervising staff to include prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Applying an intentional focus on equity and inclusion to support an equitable and inclusive environment for customers, employees, contractors, and regional partners.
- Applying advanced principles and practices of security management. Understanding technical industry concepts as they apply to security management.
- Exhibiting a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism with demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Serving as an effective member of teams and working groups that can successfully communicate physical security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Communicate in English verbally and in writing, clearly, equitably, and diplomatically with employees, contractors and the public while enforcing rules, often under very stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, contractors, and regional partners. Communicates Successfully using Language that is culturally appropriate and promotes inclusion.
- Using trending and analysis techniques to make informed business decisions.
- Conducting investigations, creating investigative reports, and maintaining investigative files.
- Paying extreme close attention to details in maintaining security systems and performing investigative work.
- Managing multiple tasks, setting objectives/goals, and re-prioritizing as needed.
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Knowledge of current and future trends in transit security and emergency management.
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following skills, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Lenel OnGuard System Administration
- Lenel OnGuard Alarm Monitoring
- Avigilon Control Center Administrator
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Application and Selection Process:
This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing, please apply at:
- Only on-line applications accepted.
- Applicants who meet minimum requirements may be scheduled for tests and interviews to demonstrate knowledge and skills for the position.
- Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled.
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position will be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.