Under limited supervision, the role of Project Manager will serve in the implementation of complex agency projects within budget constraints, oversight of scope, and technical evaluation as well as management of project budgets, and consultant contracts. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to business plans. The Project Manager will be able to manage the project's objectives, priorities and oversee quality control throughout each project's life cycle. Additionally, they will contribute to a project culture where escalations to resolve "stagnant" problems are viewed as good business and not viewed as being personal and ensure that scope creep, communications, and quality are carefully managed.
1. Plans, monitors and maintain project documentation including but not limited to: schedule, project charter, communications plans, and risk register, budget status and project status reports.
2. Acts as project manager for complex agency projects, adhering to goals, and supporting program strategies, project timelines, and budget. Advises supervisor on approaches to project implementation.
3. Coordinate’s stakeholder communications, project contracts and project meetings. Provides consultant contract administrative and project input on work performed by consultants. Prepares and recommends functional and technical information for decision-makers. Acts as the implementation manager regarding integration of new technologies with existing systems both inside and outside the agency.
4. Communicates project status upward and to the client. Provides frequent updates to all stakeholders within the project, program or steering committee.
5. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, carrying.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Application and Selection Process
This position is also being sourced by Arch Staffing. You may apply directly on our site or through Arch Staffing at:
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance. Employees participate in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and have the option to enroll in the agency’s deferred compensation plan. In addition to WA Paid Sick Leave, employees in this position, accrue of 24 days of Paid Time off (192 hours) in their first year and nine (9) paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Full list of all benefits and details can be found here.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position will be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS